Tuesday 12 January 2010

January playings; First thoughts

I got some games for Christmas, bought a few with money. Here's some brief thoughts on each:

Rogue Galaxy (PS2) FF12 but good. I'm enjoying it. It's not perfect, but it's a good time and Steve is hilariously awesome

Demon's Souls (Ps3) An American import, probably the hardest game this generation. But fun. It manages to kick your arse but you have a smile on your face the whole time.

Burnout Paradise (PS3) It's Burnout. The open world stuff doesn't work that great, and I preferred the first PSP release, but dude, it's Burnout. BURNOUT.

Fifa 09 (PS3) It's football. Its the same game since about Fifa 2003. It cost £2. Enough said.

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 (PS3) I don't care what people say, Dynasty Warriors games are still awesome. Fighting thousands of robots in space? Yes please.

Left4Dead 2 (PC) I was one of the first people to call "BULLSHIT" when Valve announced a sequal only a year later. But guess what? L4D2 is every bit a sequel as other games, it's truly a fantastic game. I urge you all to buy it.

Braid (PC) Haven't had a huge oppurtunity to play this yet, but what I have played has been good.

Killing Floor (PC) Honestly? The bad voice acting and rather unfocused gameplay makes this a mere shadow of the L4D games. I bought it for £3, however. So I don't mind it.

Plants VS Zombies (PC) Being a casual has never been so much. Look at the title. You love it already.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl (PC) Okay, I already had this, but lost the disk. So STALKER is still awesome as it was when I first played it.

Stormrise (PC) AHAHAHA ARE YOU SERIOUS? SOMEONE ACTUALLY MADE THIS? I'm glad this was gifted to me on Steam. This game is just, OH WOW.

Trine (PC) Wow. This game is very good. I completed most of it in a single sitting, and I don't do that for many games anymore. Worth a purchase and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment